Yesterday was my birthday and I must say that it was an awesome day. My day began actually at exactly 12 a.m. when my friends paused Grey's Anatomy and bursted into a beautiful balled of "Happy Bithday." Shortly thereafter, Grey's resumed and we hung out for a bit.
* For those of you who are wondering, we are on season 3 of "Grey's Anantomy" and Season 2 of "Lost." Something strange happens to University students when they realize that they get very few channels and suddenly, seasons of episodes tend to pop up here and there.
The next morning I woke up to a startling beep (a.k.a. alarm clock) and was informed by my roomate that classes were cancelled, due to snow. This thrilled me as I had planned to skip them for the day and now, I did not have to feel guilty, nor catch up. I got dressed and ready and had a couple big, fluffy pancakes with fruit and syrup on top. It was very yummy. I got a phone call from my mom and we chatted for a bit which was nice. About 1 minute later, Rueben called and he sang "Happy Birthday" (which was very cute by the way).
I figured that I should probably attempt to get some homework done and completed some French. I went over to dorm 17 (which just happens to be my second home on-campus) and we hung out and watched an episode of Lost and a couple of Grey's (Yes, we lead very interesting lives as you can see). We chatted and I was confined to a couch in the living room. Lynette did not want me to help out with the cake process, which she made very clear. lol.
It was about 5:45 when I left, figuring that dinner was almost ready at my dorm. I was actually supposed to be helping with it, but because it was my birthday, I was forbidden to help with that as well. I was home for about half an hour when dorm 17 came by for supper. I really liked that. I kinda hoped that our dorm would have them over for supper, but I didn't want to get my hopes up. This was great because I could celebrate my birthday with everyone I cared about on-campus.
Janelle (my roomate) and Jessica (another dormmate) made this great meal of pasta, chicken and tomato soup. (Trust me, it tastes amazing!) Then we had the "turtle" cake dorm 17 made for me. I was told that it was supposed to be an otter, but it ended up being a pink and orange turtle. It was pretty cute and tasted amazing!
After supper and clean-up, I went back to dorm 17 where we played "Catch-Phrase." It was awesome and we were all quite hyper from all of the sugar. It was great. We then watched a couple Grey's again and then said goodnight. Lynette and I chatted for a bit, which I always enjoy and by 2:00 a.m. we were all in bed. Well, most of us. Ellen and Kristen (from dorm 17) decided to make it an all-nighter and they are still asleep now.
So yeah, my birthday was great. Everything I kind of hoped for came true (friends, fun, games, etc.) and that really meant a lot. Thanks everyone for all of your hard work and making this day a blast!
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i will have you know that ellen and i were up at exactly the time when you posted this... 1:20... haha. Glad you had a good day and that we were able to be part of it.
I'm glad that you had a good birthday (I expect the same :P) We love you, and I'm glad that you love us back. We had a blast making your cake and spending the day with you (even though it was a waste of time (Greys, Lost). We should play Catch Phrase more often eh? LOVE YA!
Sounds like you had a great day!
Post a Comment